Data Privacy Agreement
The National Christian Life College and Maranatha Christian Academy School System (hereafter referred to as “NCLC-MCA School System”) recognize our responsibilities under the Republic Act No. 10173 (Act), also known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, with respect to the data we collect, record, organize, update, use, consolidate or destruct from the users and/or visitors. The personal data obtained is entered and stored within the authorized information and communications system of the NCLC-MCA School System and will only be accessed by authorized personnel of the organization. The NCLC-MCA School System is using appropriate organizational, technical, and physical security measures to make sure that the personal data of the members and/or visitors are protected.
These are the terms (the “Agreement”) governing a member who is under legal age and would like to register into the NMLZ. By registering into the NMLZ, you agree to these terms, which form a binding legal contract between NCLC-MCA School System and the registered participant (“minor”). If you are registering on behalf of another individual, it is your responsibility to ensure the person participating is aware of these terms and accepts them. By completing the registration on behalf of another individual you are warranting that you have made the participant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms. The terms, â€œpersonal dataâ€ and â€œinformationâ€ are used interchangeably. When we speak of â€œpersonal dataâ€, the term includes the concepts of personal information, sensitive personal information, and privileged information. The first two are typically used to distinctively identify you. For their exact definitions, you may refer to the text of the DPA
Processing of Personal Data
A. Collection of Information
- We collect your personal data that include those you provide us during your application for admission, the information we acquire or generate upon enrolment, and during the course of your stay with us. Information you provide us during your application for admission Upon application for admission, we collect information about personal circumstances and contact information such as â€“ but not limited to â€“ name, your email address, telephone number, and other contact details, family history, previous schools attended, academic performance, disciplinary record, medical record, etc.
2. Information we acquire or generate upon enrolment and during the course of your stay with us. Upon enrollment and during the course of your stay with us, we collect information on your academic or curricular undertakings, the classes you enroll in, and scholastic performance, attendance record, medical record, etc. We will also collect information for and in relation to co-curricular matters, such as outreach activities, as well as extra-curricular activities, such as membership in student organizations, leadership positions, and participation and attendance in seminars, competitions, and programs. We will also collect information in connection with any disciplinary incident, including accompanying sanctions that you may be involved in.
B. Access to Information
Your personal information is accessed and used by NCLC-MCA School System, specifically the NCLC-MCA IT(NMIT) and the Office of the Registrar (OTR) personnel who have a legitimate interest in it for the purpose of carrying out their mandated duties. We use and share your information as permitted or required by law to pursue our legitimate interests as an educational institution, including a variety of academic, administrative, historical, and statistical purposes. Some examples of situations when we may use your information to pursue our legitimate interests as an educational institution are as follows:
1. evaluating applications for admission to NCLC-MCA School System;
2. processing confirmation of incoming students and transfer students in preparation for enrollment;
3. recording, generating, and maintaining student records of academic, co-curricularÂ and extracurricular progress;
4. establishing and maintaining student information systems;
5. sharing of grades between and among faculty members, and others with legitimate official need, for academic deliberations;
6. processing scholarship applications, grants, and other forms of assistance;
7. investigating incidents that relate to student behavior and implementing disciplinary measures;
8. maintaining directories and alumni records; compiling and generating reports for statistical and research purposes;
9. providing services such as health, counseling, information technology, library, sports/recreation, transportation, safety, and security;
10. managing and controlling access to campus facilities and equipment;
11. communicating official school announcements; sharing marketing and promotional materials regarding school-related functions, events, projects, and activities;
12. soliciting your participation in research and non-commercial surveys;
C. Sharing of Information
Some examples of when we may share or disclose your personal information to others include:
1. posting of class lists and class schedules in school bulletin boards or other places within the campus;
2. sharing of information to persons, including parents, guardians, or next of kin,as required by law or on a need-to-know basis as determined by the school to promote your best interests, or protect your health, safety, and security, or
that of others;
3. providing academic institutions, companies, government agencies, private or public corporations, or the like, upon their request, with scholastic ranking
information or certification of good moral character for purposes of admission
4. sharing information to potential donors, funders, or benefactors for purposes of scholarship, grants, and other forms of assistance;
5. distributing the list of graduates and awardees during commencement exercises;
6. reporting and/or disclosing information to the NPC and other government bodies or agencies (e.g., Commission on Higher Education, Department of Education);
7. sharing information for accreditation and university ranking purposes (e.g. Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities)
8. responding to inquiries verifying that you are a bona fide student or graduate of the school;
9. conducting research or surveys for purposes of institutional development;
10. sharing your directory information to the schoolsâ€™ alumni association;
11. intend to use your personal information for purposes other than our legitimate interests
12. publishing academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements and success, including honors lists and names of awardees in the school bulletin boards, website, social media sites, and publications;
13. sharing your academic accomplishments or honors and co-curricular or extracurricular achievements with schools you graduated from or was previously enrolled in, upon their request;
14. marketing or advertising to promote the school, including its activities and events, through photos, videos, brochures, website posting, newspaper advertisements, physical and electronic bulletin boards, and other media;
15. publishing communications with journalistic content, such as news information in NCLC-MCA School System publications, social media sites, and news and media organizations
We shall implement reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures for the protection of the personal data which we collected. The security measures shall aim to maintain the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of personal data and are intended for the protection of personal data against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, and disclosure, as well as against any other unlawful
processing. We only permit your data to be accessed or processed by our authorized personnel who hold such information under strict confidentiality. We restrict access to information to just anyone who likes to know/obtain such information without justifiable ground. Any data security incident or breach that comes to the knowledge of the NCLC-MCA School System will be recorded and reported as required by law. NCLC-MCA School System will take all necessary and reasonable steps to address such incidents or breaches and mitigate any negative effects of such incidents or breaches. If there is a strong suspicion that an incident affects your personal information, NCLC-MCA School System will notify you of such incidents in an appropriate manner.
Our employees shall operate and hold personal data under strict confidentiality. They are required to sign non-disclosure agreements and are have received training on the companyâ€™s privacy and security policies to ensure confidentiality and security of personal data.
Right to Privacy
As provided by the Act, you may object to the processing of your personal data, request to access your personal information, and/or have it corrected, erased, or blocked on reasonable grounds. For the details of your rights as a data subject, you can get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer at contact details below or at National Privacy Commission at https://privacy.gov.ph/. NCLC-MCA School System will consider your request and reserves the right to deal with the matter in accordance with the law.
If you have further questions or concerns regarding your privacy rights any matter regarding the Data Privacy Act of 2012, you may contact our Data Protection Officer through the following details:
The Data Protection Officer
Tel. No.: 947-7401
Email Address: [email protected]
AFFIRMATION of CONSENT:
I have read the Data Privacy Statement of the NCLC-MCA School System and express my consent for the NCLC-MCA School System to collect, record, organize, update or modify, retrieve, consult, use, consolidate, block, erase or destruct my personal data as part of my information.
I hereby affirm my right to be informed, object to processing, access and rectify, suspend or withdraw my personal data, and be indemnified in case of damages pursuant to the provisions of the Republic Act No. 10173 of the Philippines, Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its corresponding Implementing Rules and Regulations.